The world is an interesting place, and it’s full of weird and interesting facts that you might have never realized were true
1. Cleopatra lived closer to the time of Moon landing than to the construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza
2. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey
3. The wingspan of a Boeing 747 is longer than the whole duration of Wright brother’s first flight.
4. A small percentage of the static you see on “dead” tv stations is left over radiation from the Big Bang. You’re seeing residual effects of the Universe’s creation
5. When we breathe through our nose, we always inhale more air from one nostril than with the other one — and this changes every 15 minutes
6. The atmosphere around the Sun is much hotter than the actual surface of the Sun.
7. The woolly mammoth was still around when the pyramids were being built
8. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe
9. All of the water on Earth would form a ball that’s 860 miles wide.
10. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to earth.
11. The Spanish national anthem has no words
12. If you somehow found a way to extract all of the gold from the core of our planet, you would be able to cover all of the land in a layer of gold up to your knees.
13. Water bears, or Tardigrades, are typically 0.5 mm in length and can survive virtually anything. Even the vacuum of space.
14. Laughing while being tickled is actually a panic response from your body.
15. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood